Who are we?
The Center for Legal Civic Initiatives (CLCI)
is an Albanian non-for-profit organization, with the head
office in Tirana, established in November of 1997. From 2001, a branch
of the center functions even in the city of Shkodra.
The Center for Legal Civic Initiatives
(CLCI) operates as a legal and psycho-social service center
for the violated and poor women. All services are provided for FREE.
Vision of the CLCI:
"Lawfulness is instrumental for women development"
Mission of CLCI :
"Building the women access in the legal and justice system through:
- Offering legal service, accompanied by free
psycho-social support for the poor and/or violated women and girls.
- Participation in drafting of laws and of state
policies, based on gender equality.
- Intermediation for democratization and
improvement of the justice system through studies, monitoring, and
generalizations of the best legal practices.
- Board of Directors
- Executive Director
- Sector of mediation for improving legislation
and proper functioning of the justice bodies.
- The Legal Service Sector
- The Psycho-Social Sector
- The Project Writing and Management Sector
- The Legal Aid Sector for the non-for-profit
organizations (this sector has temporarily functioned in the period
Expertise: the CLCI offers a
qualified expertise in several directions:
- in the field of civil justice, and in the
- in gender dependency as a lawfulness element.
- in preventing the fight against family violence.
- in group and family psycho-social counseling.
- expertise through studies and monitoring of
legislation and policies for equal opportunities.
- the CLCI staff offers legal education
for the public and training related to the legislation understanding